8/14/2015

Little Discoveries

Happy Friday, lovelies!

Oh, what's the saying? Isn't it a girl can never have too many pairs of jean shorts?! 


I am so exhausted and I could not be more ready for the weekend! If you've been following along on SnapChat (shameless plug: follow me! MikkSalamatin), then you have probably seen that the drive down here was long and the process to check-in and get my key was horrible and slightly drawn out.

Just to add a bit more to the rant fest: the single light in the room blew out, the blinds are stuck rolled up, and parts of the apartment are really dirty - seriously, it seems like the only thing that was cleaned was the bathroom, though I am thankful for that!

But anyways, enough about that, let's get to the good stuff: so many exciting things have been going on around the world wide web and I can't wait to share some of it with you!

CoverGirl Meets Star Wars

This may just be a sneak peek, but the fact that this is happening at all makes me so happy. By now, I'm sure many of you have picked up on the fact that I'm more than your regular ol' nose-always-in-a-textbook nerd because I love watching sports, comic book characters, minor physical activity, and Star Wars. I also happen to love CoverGirl as a a company, so when I saw this, my poor little nerd heart almost melted. Well, it might have if it weren't already melting from the insane heat we're having here in AZ. 

Target Does It Again

I love Target. I love Vogue. Target decided to recreate 15 iconic Vogue photos with TargetStyle elements and it is pretty cool. I'm a fairly big fan of *creative* recreations and I am definitely a fan of these ones. On top of that, Target is trying to up it's game by letting you shop the ads by Shazam-ing them. How cool is that?!

This Cat Broke a World Record. Again.

Fun little trivia tidbit I found while browsing around - the record went to Corduroy, a 26 year old cat. At first I was surprised that 26 is old until I read that domesticated cats typically only live around 15 years. Wanna know a fun fact? Apparently Corduroy held the record in 2014 until another cat, Tiffany Two, took the title. However, Tiffany Two recently passed away and Corduroy reclaims the throne.

The Prince is Coming Back to Philly

Will Smith is reportedly working on a 'Fresh Prince' reboot. "Say what now?!" It's always exciting and a bit scary when you hear one of our favorite childhood shows may be trying to make a comeback (hello, Fuller House), but knowing that the original Prince is producing it makes it feel just a bit better. Are you excited?!

So You Wanna Rush a Sorority?

I am neither in a sorority nor planning to rush one this upcoming semester. I do, however, happen to be a fan of Isabella's blog, Yep It's Prep, and loved a collaboration post she recently posted with answers to common questions about rushing. If you're considering rushing, I definitely recommend checking this little guide out!

M&M's Are Like Lay's But Better

M&Ms will always be better because they're chocolate. And I love chocolate. Personally though, I am not a fan of pecan pie. But if YOU are, M&Ms is already working to get everybody in the mood for Fall because they're rolling out this limited edition flavor early. Maybe at some point I'll give in and try one just for the heck of it, but we'll see.

What are you looking forward to this weekend?

xx
Catch you next time.

19 comments

  1. I love corduroy. Mine only lived to 18!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read through all of these articles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that cat has been living longer than me and I am 23.
    That's so crazy.
    I love your posts like this :)

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun! I heard about the Fresh Prince rumor on the radio today and can't wait to see how it pans out. It's crazy how all of these shows are getting revamped!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shoutout! I love all of the other finds too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Target can do no wrong!!! Love it.

    Xo, Michelle

    www.mash-elle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. All, these are so awesome! My particular favorite is definitely the Prince- loved that show :)

    Courtney//
    As We Stumble Along

    ReplyDelete
  8. Target... always THE best! I need to look at all of these links!

    Lauren
    The Fashionista's Diary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoy your round-up posts like this!! How is that cat so old oh my goodness?! My childhood cat lived to be 17 and that was so old in kitty years!

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these links! The Target ads were AHMAZING! And I was surprised by the Covergirls & Star Wars collab!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You just supplied a whole buncha awesome reading materials for my coffee this morning, girlfriend! I live in Philly and had no clue this Fresh Prince reboot was happening...say what?!?!

    Coming Up Roses

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the new blog design! Great reading material! xx

    xo katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so stoked about the Fresh Prince remake, it's one of my favorite sitcoms! I hope you had a fab weekend!

    xo, Alicia | Alicia Tenise

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Target one is so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I only own one pair of jean shorts! Isn't that crazy?! The Target piece was amazing!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pecan Pie M&Ms hold everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love jean shorts! I wear them every day until I can't anymore! I love love love target too! I seriously spend my life there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. All of these posts are amazing! Thanks for giving me a lot of entertainment for this afternoon :) I am definitely swooning over the Covergirl-Star Wars collab!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.