1/16/2015

Little Discoveries

Pretty much every time I hop onto the internet, I seem to find some pretty interesting things! I love when blogs I follow do link posts, because with all of us on the internet, you never really know what you will and won't find on your own. So here's to starting a new series: Little Discoveries.

The Royals are on Twitter

Guess who just joined the "Twitter"verse! Prince Harry and our favorite Royal Couple have technically joined us here on the Internet! The accounts are mostly meant for helping promote their charities, but they are also to be used to give updates (and pictures!) on everyone. Go follow Kensington Palace and the Queen.

Wedding Crashers 2: Maroon 5 Edition


Awesome, right? The video was directed by the very same director of Wedding Crashers! This is such a cute and catchy song, I decided to set it as my alarm to get up in the mornings. Watching the different couples' reactions is really great, I know I would love it if my favorite band showed up at my wedding reception!

Feel like falling in love soon?

According to a study conducted by Arthur Aron, asking these 36 questions can help you fall in love with virtually anyone. I don't usually click on links to stories about things like this, but it has been circulating everywhere, so I gave in and read it. It usually takes quite a bit of time for people to become so well and intimately acquainted, these questions seem to fast forward the process.

Concert-Goers Anonymous

A few months ago, I discovered Magic Man! They are a great band with a dance-y, indie rock feel. They have a lot of great music, and they are so nice (my friend met them, and the lead singer is sweet on Twitter). They recently released tour dates for their first national headlining tour and they are hitting a lot of the major cities! Tickets are now on sale - go check them out!


Tom Felton is on TNT's Murder in the First as Erich Blunt, a cocky and wealthy (sound familiar, anyone?) tech company CEO. Tom Felton has always been one of my favorites, so when I found out a year ago that he was going to be on this show, you can say I was more than a bit excited. The show has been out for a while, but I thought that I'd add a little to the exposure and tell y'all!

Meet Pringle, a bearded dragon in Melbourne

I stumbled upon this Instagram earlier this week and I just thought it was really cute and funny! His name is great, he's in Australia, what more do you need to know to check it out?

Favorite blog post I read this week

I love Alex's new post on Learning to Love Yourself. Confidence is definitely one of the things many people in my generation are lacking. She makes an especially good point that I believe applies to many of us out there: it's possible to not want to drastically change yourself, but to simply be uncomfortable in your own skin. We all should work on helping other people feel better about themselves, and in turn, I think you'll feel a bit better. So, readers, I challenge you to compliment yourself every day, but to also, look at the brighter side of things and compliment a second person, a different person every day.

xx
Catch you next time.

19 comments

  1. Love the title "Little Discoveries" and the Maroon 5 video. Your blog is so cute! We should totally collab sometime girl :)

    Taylor Ann //Prep, Please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely be shooting you an email sometime soon! :)

      Delete
  2. Love this idea! Thanks so much for sharing! I've been meaning to watch Maroon 5's new video! I'm saving it for the elliptical though lol :) Hope you have a lovely Sunday!!

    Emily
    Dimples of Dixie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha when you finally watch it, I'm sure you'll love it!

      Delete
  3. Umm is that Maroon 5 video the cutest thing ever?! Swoon!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maroon 5 is great, but the video is just on a different level!

      Delete
  4. I would just like to say that I loved the Sugar video so much I seriously cried. I am NOT in control of my emotions haha! That falling in love article is such a great read too! I hope you had such a great weekend, gal!

    xo,
    Kylie
    absolutelyarkansas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! Hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  5. what great things to check out.. thanks!!
    xo ClassToCloset

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this round up! Hope you had a great weekend :]

    xo katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! Hope you have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing all of these! I knew about the tv show with Tom Felton but I haven't had a change to check it out yet, I've only seen commercials!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yeah, me too! I've been busy with school but it's on my list of to-do's!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing these finds! Love that video and I'm off to follow the royals!

    Emily
    http://idodeclareblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the post on loving yourself! So important and glad I found your space on the inter webs!

    xoxo
    Emma
    The Daily Dil-emma || http://www.emmasheehy.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.