7/29/2015

J'adore Paris

My favorite place I visited while traveling all around Europe was definitely Paris. The atmosphere was amazing, I felt completely safe walking down the street no matter what time of day or night it was, every sight was a beautiful one exuding charm and history, and the food had us girls eating our meals in complete awe and silence.

Unfortunately, I don't have as many pictures as usual to share - I hadn't been expecting that! I would have thought that my loving Paris so much would have resulted in more pictures, but as I reflect back, I'm starting to realize I don't have as many because I was too busy staring and "Aww!"ing at everything!


We took an overnight train from Nice to Paris to take advantage of the long distance and save on a little money from another night in a hotel (in case you didn't know, decent hotels in Paris can get pretty pricey!).


Ahh, I love the Louvre. I loved its architecture and the energy exuding from it.


 Unfortunately I did not have enough time to wait in line and go inside to see the museum, but the girls tried to cheer me up by suggesting that it's a reason to make sure I find my way back to Paris!


You will not believe this, but without even looking for it, we stumbled upon the famous Love Lock Bridge, or at least what is left of it. Three weeks before arriving in Paris, the story about the locks being removed went viral and we had been hoping that we would've been early enough that most of the original bridge walls remained, but that luck just wasn't in our favor.


We were still very lucky, however, to even see and take pictures with parts of the bridge, and for that we were extremely grateful!


Oh, you know, just taking a quick break from walking to admire the Tour de Eiffel from afar.


Cathédrale Notre Dame de Paris: Our Lady of Paris, she truly is one of the city's brightest gems.


Notre Dame is an absolutely breathtaking cathedral. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to visit it, not only as a Catholic, but as an admirer of architecture and history.

Shirt: NY&Co. (old) Similar: NY&Co. (On Sale for $20!) | Shorts: Hollister (old) Similar (Super Cute, on sale for $12!) | Sunglasses: Ray Ban | Necklace: Charming Charlie (old) Similar: Betsey Johnson and Belle and Clive | Shoes: Espadrilles (street vendor in Nice) Similar: Nordstrom

Paris is a beautiful city, and I am just dying to go back as soon as I can! I'll be sharing photos from my trip to the Eiffel Tower soon (when you spend almost 5.5 hours at and on the Tower, it really reinforces the idea that it deserves its own post!).

xx
Catch you next time.

P. S. Want 10% off the cutest stuff at Sugar Spice & Sparkle?! Use "SWPREP" at checkout!

30 comments

  1. I'm dying to visit Paris, lovely photos!
    xx Tia | www.bigcitytyro.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love loved Paris! I went in November, and even then it was beautiful! You took some great photos too!
    so glad to see you have fun!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm studying abroad in Salzburg this coming semester and this post made me put Paris even higher on my must-see list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still can't believe that I was in France for a WHOLE MONTH and never made it to Paris- minus being in Charles de Gaulle airport 4 times!! Ugh haha. I guess it just means I have to go back someday. ;-)

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paris seems so wonderful and all the architecture leaves me in awe. I have always wanted to go there.

    Mikayla | A Seersucker State of Mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you're having so much fun in Paris! I missed the Louvre when I went, so I am definitely going back too:)
    www.yepitsprep.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, Paris looks so beautiful.
    I need to go to Europe soon and fulfill my wanderlust.

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like the greatest adventure! Thanks for sharing your shots in France...you got some really gorgeous ones! x Nicole | www.changeanddress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went to Paris when I was 9 so I never made it to the Louvre either. I'm planning on going back next summer, hope it works out! You should absolutely go back then! :)
    Love,

    Ane | Basque Prep

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like such a beautiful and exciting trip! I hadn't thought about staying somewhere other than Paris and travelling there, that's a genius way to cut expenses that I'll have to remember when I'm fortunate enough to go to France as well!

    Anika [hej + bonjour]
    hejbonjour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can not wait for my first trip to Europe this winter, too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paris! I've only visited once, but I wish I could go back. I'm glad you were able to snap pics with the Love Lock bridge! You look like you had so much fun! I used to visit the Notre Dame cathedral in Montreal all the time- but it's so different from the one in Paris!

    Alessandra | blog.pumpup.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So so cute! I am visiting Paris for the first time in December and I CANNOT wait. I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Paris! If you get a chance, I recommend going to the top of the eiffel tower!

    ReplyDelete
  15. your photos are so cute! so many of my sisters studied abroad there, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My boyfriend and I are dying to visit Paris! You are so so lucky you were able to see the Lock bridge before parts of it were removed!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like such a fun time! I've always wanted to go to Paris but have never even visited Europe!
    xo
    LaurenThe Fashionista's Diary

    ReplyDelete
  18. Paris is on my bucket list!! It looks like you had an amazing time!

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  19. All images are adorable.. Now I'm dying to visit Paris!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stoppp, Paris is definitely on my bucket list. I'm so jealous, it looks like you had a blast!

    xo, Alicia | Alicia Tenise

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't been to Paris yet. It has always been on my list. I'm glad your loving it.

    xoxo, Danielle
    www.glamrme.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such gorgeous photos! I would love to go back to Paris! You have to make it back to see the Louvre :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful photos! I've always wanted to go to Paris. It looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This makes me want to go back to Paris right this instant!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your pictures are so great! I absolutely love Paris! I mean, who doesnt? It's SO magical. Looks like you're having a great time :) Eat a crepe for me!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Would absolutely love to go to Paris - looks like an amazing time!

    Pick Your Beau

    ReplyDelete
  27. This trip looks amazing. You definitely captured some adorable pictures. Can't wait to see your pictures from the Eiffel Tower!

    ReplyDelete
  28. It looks like you had a great time there! :) And the weather looks so gorgeous, too! I have always wanted to visit Paris! It seems so beautiful, and just amazing in general hahaha. Definitely one on my travel bucket list!

    xx
    Stnkrbug

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ugh I still haven't been to France! I'm dying to go! Glad you had such a blast.

    xo // www.thematerialgirl.co

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is the cutest post, your photos are absolutely perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.