7/31/2015

Little Discoveries

Happy Friday, lovelies!

In case you don't follow me on Instagram (sorry, shameless plug: Follow me!), this week I went to the eye doctor to have my eyes checked! This is typically the time that a lot of people get themselves checked out for their yearly physicals and exams because it's right after a lot of relaxing and right before we jump back into the daily grind once more. This is just a friendly reminder to take care of yourself because y'all are WONDERFUL people and deserve to live HAPPY and HEALTHY lives!


Here are a few things that have been going on this week in case you didn't know!

I hear we have a few birthdays in the house?

It's the Queen and the Prince's birthdays! Oops, I meant J.K. Rowling, but she really is a Queen in her own right! The author of my favorite childhood book series (I grew up reading them like so many other people!) may be a bit older, but she is just as fabulous! I loved reading some of the HBD wishes from everyone from "Umbridge's" (Imelda Staunton) sweet message to Luna Lovegood's (Evanna Lynch) amazing letter! Also, in case you haven't checked the date, it's July 31st - it's not only J.K.'s birthday, but her "son", Harry Potter, birthday as well!

Summer in NYC? Yes, please!

Malia Obama has been Carrie Bradshaw-ing it up in New York this summer, from her internship with HBO's "Girls" to popping around different sites in New York. So jealous! I still haven't been there, but it's definitely on my list of places to go!

Marketing Advice a la the Kardashian's

Say what you want about the Kardashian's, but the bottom line is that they have done a pretty good job at keeping themselves relevant and in the public eye. From a Business student's perspective, that's amazing. I may not be a Marketing major, but I really enjoyed reading this more 'academic' way of analyzing them!

The Zuckerberg's Newest Addition

Just in case none of these other stories have made you smile, this one should! Mark Zuckerberg, the wonderful founder of Facebook (currently the most widely used social media in the world), just announced that he and his wife Dr. Priscilla Chan are expecting a baby! The couple has chosen to share their amazing story of their struggles with pregnancy and miscarriages, and I wish this couple all the best!

What have you been up to this week? Are you excited for the weekend?

xx
Catch you next time.

2 comments

  1. It's also Harry Potter's birthday today! :)
    Love,

    Ane | Basque Prep

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I've never been to NYC either, but I'd love to go! I think it would be so cool to intern with HBO--especially for Game of Thrones! Hope you have a good weekend :)

    http://www.thisblondestory.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.