8/06/2014

Living Life With a Little Lilly

My lovely Apple collection is beaming with my new background - I
am just forever in love with First Impressions. The colors even match
my phone case, though you can't really tell.
Most girls who love preppiness or identify themselves as prepsters know about Lilly. Lilly Pulitzer, that is.

I have always had a bit of prep in my style, but having grown up in a small Arizona town has isolated me a bit from learning more about the prep world. I honestly did not learn about Lilly until my sophomore year when I made my Instagram account and a Lilly picture appeared on the popular page. Admittedly, however, my real love for Lilly didn't explode until I met two of my best friends (the lovely Beccy and Allya!) at the Stanford debate camp the summer after.

To me, the spirit of Lilly is being classy and care-free at the same time. Loving Lilly and letting a bit of your inner prep shine shouldn't cost you an arm and a leg. When I can, I like to splurge on little pieces - it’s fun to mix up pieces from different collections, creating a different feel to the outfit. I just love how patterned shorts are so easy to dress up or down with a quick switch of a blouse.

A few months ago, I was thrilled at the release of the Marley Lilly app, and since then I have been playing around with the wallpaper feature of the app on my cell phone as well as on my iPad. I love the Marley Lilly patterns, but for a while I have been trying to find a way to make monogrammed wallpapers with Lilly patterns. For Lilly lovers, who like me, don't have or aren't as proficient in Photoshop, there are great online Etsy shops that can help you out! Recently, I found one that just opened up, called Darlin Digital Designs. Owner Candice Wilcox is a real sweetheart and very quick with getting orders out.

It's always fun to have a little Lilly in your life.

xx
Catch you next time.

Post a Comment

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.