10/03/2014

Hello There, October!

I know people always say that time flies, but wow, has it been flying right on by! Last thing I remember, I was writing about how excited I was moving into my dorm and now I realize I didn't do my September Wrap-Up! Here's a bit about the past month and what I'm excited for in this new one!

Pumpkin Spice Lattes // This Fall staple can be seen in the hands of every other girl you see walking around campus, but the weather here is hot enough to make us wonder why we're at school in June! The Pumpkin Spice Latte is my version of hot chocolate in the Fall...Don't forget to ask for extra whipped cream!

Exam Time // It's so weird to think that I have been at college long enough to be tested on the material! Midterms will be coming up really soon, and I am personally not too excited for them, but it's amazing to realize their significance - I'm almost halfway through my first semester of university!!

New Experiences // "College is all about new experiences" is probably never going to leave my personal phrasebank! September was so much fun from seeing old friends, my first music festival, and my first college paper! I am so excited for all of the amazing things that will be happening in my time here. There are so many events coming up with Swing Devils and my Delta Sigma Pi pledge class that October is going to be a lovely kind of hectic!

Fall Break // One of the things I have recently discovered about college is that breaks are most definitely not as they were in high school! Back home, we would have at least a one week break in between nine week chunks of the school year, but here in college, there are a lot of "home stretch" moments! Fall Break is coming up soon and even though it's just an extended weekend, I am really excited to go home and see my family and my dog!

Family Weekend // I am super excited for Family Weekend! Of course, the first reason is that I get to see my family and show them around the campus a bit more, but also because ASU will be playing Stanford for the football game! I have been so busy with schoolwork and events that I have not gone to a football game yet, so I am really excited to finally experience a game at Wells Fargo Arena.

Halloween // Being the last day of the month, Halloween is a wonderful way to end the month of October. The temperature is finally starting to drop down, boots and scarves are being broken out of closet storage, and everyone is stocking up on candy for the trick-or-treaters! I still don't have an idea for what I want to dress up as though, so any suggestions? What's your costume? Let me know in the comments below!

What are you excited about for this month? What's your favorite part about Fall?

xx
Catch you next time

Post a Comment

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.