2/17/2015

Valentine's/Galentine's/Brahlentine's Day Recap!

Hello, lovelies! I know these pictures are a teensy bit late, but hey, what's life without a few tiny mishaps to remind you that not everything goes perfectly to plan, as much as we'd like them to!

This year's Valentine's Day was definitely a special one for me - this is the first time that I really had the opportunity to spend time with friends on this special day (I love all of my friends from high school, but all of my friends had boyfriends and were always busy on this day). 

Everything kicked off with Galentine's! Friday night some girls from my building went to a lounge, tried to decorate, and we watched movies, threw popcorn, and ate plenty of sweets. 







Saturday morning Liz from the 365, Ana from Could've, Would've, Should've, and our friend Bree (sadly not pictured) went to Tempe Marketplace! We hung out, did a bit of light shopping, and overall just had really nice girl time. I've never had a real meal from Paradise Bakery before and eating there was the best decision we could've made! The food is absolutely delicious, and I'm in love with their cookies!




After coming back from Tempe Marketplace, I was supposed to go golfing with some brothers from my Fraternity but the plans fell through at the last minute. I decided to relax and Netflix for a few hours before meeting up with my Pledge Mom (left) and one of my best brother friends (right) to see Kingsman: The Secret Service.




I personally loved this movie! The humor is very British and the slight gore of the action scenes were reminiscent of those in Expendables (read: I may have winced a few times, I am not a huge fan of things like that but I usually don't mind it much), but this movie has a great combination of action, humor, and well-dressed men (note: When is seeing men in suits not great? Answer is never!).


Sorry for the grainy picture, the lighting was awful in the parking lot!
Blouse: New York & Co. (Currently 50% off now!) Jeans: Hollister Co. (The Bryden is my favorite!)
Bow Necklace: Charming Charlie (similar) Purse: Coach Shoes: Vince Camuto

How was your Valentine's and President's Day weekend? Did you do anything special on your extra day off? My university didn't give us the day off, but I know most people did! 

xx
Catch you next time.

8 comments

  1. You are adorable! Glad you had a great weekend :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw it looks like you had a great Valentine's Day! :) I spent my day watching Harry Potter, and honestly I'm not even mad hahaha. I at least worked out in the morning, though, so I could justify the ice cream I ate!! Great post! :)

    xx
    Kendra | It's a Bug's Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got to spend time with friends!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blouse you're wearing! I'm so glad you had a great time with your friends this past weekend. My university didn't give us President's Day off either...I think it must just be a high school thing!

    -Emily
    A Pile of Good Things

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!!

    xoxo,
    Mal

    malloryattheplaza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute post! :)

    Louise
    http://louiseplace.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm married and I STILL wish I had a Galentines celebration!! SO much fun. It looks like you guys had an amazing time!

    xo!
    Kylie
    absolutelyarkansas.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.