3/02/2015

Quote Of The Week: Furious Dancing

Happy March Monday, lovelies!

Individual Dental Plans http://www.dentalplans.discoverdentists.com/

Sometimes life gets really, really frustrating. This morning I woke up, rolled over in my bed, groaned into my pillow, and begged time to rewind and let me go back to sleep for just a few more beautiful minutes. Oh, if only!

As if on cue, my phone began to blare Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" and I knew that I actually needed to get up - not for the song, but actually because I have lined up my alarms so that "Shake It Off" is currently the song of my last alarm, which means if I don't get up, I'll be late for class!

I try to switch up the songs on my alarms every month to keep things interesting, and I'm always careful not to put songs that have been first as last in the current month so as not to confuse myself or accidentally sleep past it.

To me, furious dancing means finding a song that makes you smile, your heart race, and just want to stop whatever you're doing and jump around. Some people do yoga in the mornings (sometimes I do stretches!), but I've found that getting my blood pumping in the morning with a little dancing is one of the best ways to wake myself up.

How do you wake up in the mornings? What does furious dancing mean to you?

xx
Catch you next time.

4 comments

  1. I wake up to 'Shake it Off' as well! It definitely wakes me up! I love turning on my 'Good Morning' Spotify playlist and if I have time some yoga. It's one of my favorite things! After that, I check my phone because most all the time I have an inspirational quote for my screensaver.
    -Mikayla
    www.aseersuckerstateofmind.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture! ahahaha. I like your method! I set my alarms for half hour and 15 min intervals, so I can have 'just 15 more minutes' like 10 time! It is so funny how we can trick ourselves~!
    Furious Dancing reminds me of the Beach Boy Song 'Dance Dance Dance' . To me it means dropping all of the stress and mind luggage and just 'shaking it off'! :) Fun post!
    twentywho.blogspot.ca
    -S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I couldn't agree more with that picture/quote!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that! I tend to sleep through my alarms, so I will definitely be trying out your tricks of different songs to different alarms! Brilliant!

    xo,
    Stephanie | With love, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.