9/11/2015

Little Discoveries

Fourteen years ago, this country faced a tragedy. Since then, we have come together in our love for our country to prevent that event from occurring again. Bless the souls who left this Earth too soon and THANK YOU to everyone who has served this country. We will never forget 9/11.


Okay, slight warning: this edition of Little Discoveries is a bit nerdier than normal.

Lip Sync Battle: Ellen on Fallon | I love Ellen. And Jimmy. And Lip Sync Battles. This is just pure awesomeness - if it hasn't already made its way on to your screen yet then you need to watch this pronto.


Big Bang Wedding | Big Bang Theory is one of my favorite TV shows - not being able to watch it regularly has made me feel pretty sad inside (hello, Netflix, please fix this - no DVD player means no rentals!). Spoiler alert: one of my fave couples is getting married in the upcoming season and I'm SO excited.

Criticizing the Wrong Dreams? | This is an Odyssey piece written by a friend of mine at Creighton. I love T-Swift's "Wildest Dreams" video and was disappointed at the types of criticism people were throwing at it. Nick's writing perfectly articulates how people are failing to see the video for what it really is, and instead are focusing on the wrong things.

New iPhone, New iPad | So Apple released info about the new iPhone 6s and 6s Plus - but more people are talking about what's going on with the new iPad. Steve Jobs once said "If you see a stylus, they blew it." Erm, the new iPad is kind of huge and I think for now I'll stick to my Air.

Marvel's Jessica Jones Coming At Ya | Netflix, yes. Marvel, yes. Female main character, HECK YES. Once again Netflix and Marvel are doing something right and I am so excited to see how it turns out - the episodes will all be released at the same time, so binge session anyone?

xx
Catch you next time.

23 comments

  1. Awesome links! I love lip sync battles as well, I hadn't seen this one and actually laughed out loud. Ellen cracks me up!

    Have a fabulous weekend! xo.

    http://apeachysonder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great one! Love love LOVE that lip sync battle, Ellen and Jimmy Fallon are my FAVORITE! And I definitely agree with that Taylor Swift Wildest Dreams post- they made it out to be something it wasn't.

    Courtney//As We Stumble Along

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek, i love hearing about new things to check out on Netflix! I'll definitely be following :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a fan of the iPad Pro but will definitely be getting the new iPhone.

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Ellen Degeneres episode was hysterical. I literally laughed my butt off!!

    Nicole // Chronicling Home

    ReplyDelete
  6. BIG BANG THEORY YESSSSSS!!!!!! So happy to find another blogger who is equally obsessed! It's one of my favorite show ever!

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That video was absolutely hilarious, I love Jimmy and Ellen so much! x, kenz
    http://sincerelykenz.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Jimmy and Ellen video is so funny!! The lip sync battles are my favorite!

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited about the new iPhone, mostly because I need a new upgrade and have been waiting this out! Haha. I always get a new phone like a week before a super new one is released, so I've been sticking it out this time!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading what caught people's eyes that week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't watched the lip sync battle yet but I need to! I love all three of them! I can't wait to get the rose gold iPhone, it's so beautiful.

    Kayla | kaylablogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The lip synch battle was hilarious!! Love your blog

    -Olivia

    www.missoliviasays.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am definitely going to read the Criticizing the Wrong Dreams article, sounds like a great read. Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome list! I now have to check out neftlix's Jessica Jones

    ReplyDelete
  15. YES to the lip sync battle--I could watch it all day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree, I'm not going to get the new iPad, buuut I just did preorder the 6S and I'm so stoked about it!

    xo, Alicia | Alicia Tenise

    ReplyDelete
  17. I watched that lip sync battle last night and died laughing when she "mic dropped" at the end! Hilarious!

    -Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ellen DeGenerous never disappoints! :)

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.thediaryofadebutante.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I literally almost peed my pants watching the Ellen versus Jimmy battle! Such a funny video!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your little roundup ❤️ I'm obsessed with the new iPhone and can't wait to get my Rose Gold iPhone!! OMG and I can't wait for the Big Bang Theory season premiere

    Felice Raina // The Kiss Of Joy

    ReplyDelete
  21. This Ellen video has made my night! You always share the BEST things. <3

    Coming Up Roses

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Steve Jobs quote takes the cake. It seriously frustrated me that they brought out a stylus, totally lame! I'll stick to my normal iPad for now! But as for the new iPhone, I'm so sure I'll but jumping on that when my upgrade comes next month!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.