9/18/2015

Little Discoveries

If you've been following along on my SnapChat adventures recently (MikkSalamatin - go follow me!), then you know that this past week has quite literally been "Hell Week". Yesterday alone, I had three exams, three meetings, a career fair to attend, and an event to help run.

I have traversed the whole nine yards in terms of sleep deprivation, sessions of binge-eating (I finished my first whole pizza on Wednesday night!), and lack of mental presence. To say that I am beyond excited for sleep and Netflix this weekend would be a severe understatement.


For the record, the picture above is not the pizza I binge-ate Wednesday night in between meetings. This is a bacon and clam pizza from a health restaurant on campus that is wow-that-was-surprisingly-tasty-and-satisfying kind of way.

Ariana Grande's Impressions On Point Once Again | Pretty much everyone and their mother now knows that Ariana Grande's impressions of various celebrities are absolutely amazing, but every single time, no matter what, her Celine Dion impression gets me every time! Also, side note: another Fallon must-watch.

The New Girl on New Girl | Zooey Deschanel is still on maternity leave (wah, brb slight crying), but that also means there's a new roommate showing up for a little while and the network just released who: Megan Fox! So excited to see how this goes!

A Timelapse of the Universe: To Scale | You're in the middle of the desert with a bunch of friends, what do you do? If you're one of these scientists, you make the world's first timelapse of the universe that is actually to scale. Crazy nerdy cool.

Naming Your Autobiography | I absolutely LOVE Katie's blog and this is one of my favorite posts from her, ever. I'm not too sure what mine would be - maybe something like So Busy That Sleep is a Dream or Sneaky SnapChats Are My Thing.

A Little Something to Warm Your Heart | This dad "built" Lightning McQueen for his son - he turned his cherry-red mustang into the beloved Disney race car. This is seriously one of the cutest things I have ever heard of!

Exam Study Tips | Have a few exams coming up? I recently wrote a Freshman Five on some of the study tips and strategies that I have personally found to be helpful and effective. I haven't read some of these anywhere else yet so I thought I'd share them here!

Hope y'all have an amazing weekend! What will you be up to?

xx
Catch you next time.

21 comments

  1. I love these articles!!! They're all so fabulous:)
    xoxo
    Grace Anne // http://totallygraced.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pizza looks so good! Yay for you for getting through the week! I love Ariana's impressions. Her vocals are amazing! Her range is unbelievable.
    Mikayla | A Seersucker State of Mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pizza looks insanely good! I wouldn't mind a slice right now!

    Hope you have a fun weekend!
    Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pizza looks AH-mazing, and I'm currently reading your links :)

    Rhiannon @ www.peaceandblessingsyall.com
    ~ check out my giveaway for sorority women worldwide using the link above ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - I hope you get your much deserved rest. Thanks for sharing your lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This pizza looks delicious! !Love or hate Ariana Grande, no one can deny that she is talented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel ya on hell week. Glad you made it through though and I hope you enjoy your weekend! The nerd in me is loving that universe timelapse!

    Cassie
    My Pop of Color

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pizza just looks amazing!
    I'm starving right now so that probably doesn't help.

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Lightning McQueen car is seriously just the cutest! I love dads like that.

    As We Stumble Along

    ReplyDelete
  10. My toddler would flip out about a Lightning McQueen car--she is OBSESSED with that movie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, that Lightning McQueen car is just about the cutest thing I have seen!! What a sweet dad!

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  12. That pizza looks amazing! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!!

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had a great, relaxing weekend! Not excited to Monday tomorrow though. :(

    xo // www.thematerialgirl.co

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving ALL of these links! Such a great roundup! Hope you had an amazing weekend :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that timelapse is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so excited for Megan Fox appearance on New Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't even know there were more episodes of New Girl! Seriously need to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so behind on New Girl but I can't imagine the show without Zooey! I'm interested to see what Megan Fox will be like!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ariana Grande's impressions are hysterical -- she's so spot on its almost scary!!

    xo, Alicia | Alicia Tenise

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh! I watch New Girl and I didn't know Megan Fox was coming! I'm going to have to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ariana Grande is ON POINT for these impressions! So good!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.