10/02/2015

Little Discoveries

A bit of a longer Little Discoveries this week because like life, it has just been buzzing non-stop. A lot of fun things have been put into the works and happening lately - I just can't wait to be able to share with y'all, it's so exciting!

Also, like the jewelry in the photo below? Join Rocksbox, a monthly jewelry rental subscription, with the code "theswprepxoxo" for your first month free! You can send it back and forth as many times as you want for new pieces (shipping both ways is covered) and if you decide you want to keep it, you can purchase any of the pieces at a discount. How cool is that?!


Necklace: a. v. max - Rocksbox (Similar) | Cuff: Gorjana - Rocksbox (Similar
Ring: Perry Street - Rocksbox (Similar) | Bow: Bows & Kites

The Skimm Life | I am a huge advocate of staying on top of what's going on in the world, despite how busy your life can get. Every morning as I rush to my classes and chew my granola bar, I read The Skimm and New York Times in my inbox. This is not only the easiest way to keep yourself in-the-loop but also for small-talk in meetings and interviews!

A Quick Word From the First Lady | One of the things that has been emphasized in my politics class this semester is that the Presidency really isn't just about the President - there are many other aspects but let's focus on the First Lady for a minute. Michelle Obama has done a lot of work over the past few years on healthy living and female empowerment - this quick video is just a small, cute little piece of it!

DC Food Tours - Where Do I Sign Up | I have followed Katie's blog for about as long as I've been blogging, and she never fails to leave me slightly upset that I don't live on the other side of the country! Warning: Don't read this post if you're not prepared to die over the sounds of the amazing food tours!

Better than the Selfie Stick? | All of the photos I have of me and my dog include her looking away or trying to lick me - not a single selfie with my pup! At one point, I attempted the use of a selfie stick with the dog and let's say that didn't turn out well... This popped up on my feed a few days ago and just thought I'd share because puppies and selfies are real baes.

The Stages of Coffee Detox | Considering the unhealthy amount of caffeine I have consumed this week alone, I thought I'd share this because trying to come off of a long coffee week is rough, especially for college kids!

Chasing Life No More | I really liked ABC Family's Chasing Life, it was a nice change of pace compared to some of their other shows. Unfortunately, after only the second season, the show has been cancelled for low ratings. To be honest, I haven't watched in a while because I've been busy, but also because I'm still a bit salty about a certain character death. Maybe other people agree?

Your Uber Driver is Rating You | In the back of my mind, I knew this was happening but it hadn't really registered in my mind until now. I have been using Uber quite a bit lately for meetings that are a bit close to campus but don't have any parking. Not sure if I want to check my score, will you?

I am ready for the weekend - are you? What are you looking forward to?

xx
Catch you next time.

18 comments

  1. I love the idea of the Pooch Selfie Stick! I try and take pictures with my dog and it never works out! It definitely made me laugh!
    XO Alyson | mylifeasalyson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard so much buzz about TheSkimm this week! I definitely am going to check it out!
    Mikayla | A Seersucker State of Mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love TheSkimm...such a cool enewsletter to get each morning.

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of TheSkimm! I just signed up. My husband and I got rid of cable and I'm lost without the news. Hoping it will help me stay up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need the coffee detox! And I just started drinking it

    Xoxo Dani

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard a lot about the Skimm but haven't really checked it out yet, I think I'm going to!

    xoxo,SS

    The Southern Stylista

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the Skimm! And love Michelle :)

    Savannah @ thealwaysblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great round-up!! I recently got the NY Times app on my phone (for a journalism class) and I've been enjoying the push notifications it sends to my phone.
    And I didn't watch Chasing Life but I heard good things about it!! It did sound interesting and different as far as ABC Family shows go!

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg I think I need that "pooch selfie" ! that is too funny! xx,kenz
    http://sincerelykenz.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your discoveries! I've never gotten into The Skimm but I've heard so much about it. Maybe I will give it another try! Thanks for sharing!

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard so many bloggers raving about rockbox. I just may need to give it a shot :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. My friend loves the Skimm!

    -Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read the Skimm everyday too, I love it. I really really need to detox from coffee (not forever just for a week) but I can't bring myself to do it. I am SO addicted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to look into the Skimm! I would like to stay updated!

    Lauren
    thefashionistasdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Skimm! I use it to stay updated on all global events.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been drinking way too much coffee lately - it's doing bad things to my skin haha. I'll really need to detox as soon as I'm finish a big project that I'm working on!

    Alessandra | blog.pumpup.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE Skimm! It helps me keep up with the world in less than two minutes! And I consume way too much coffee. I know it, it's a problem, but maybe the detox will help!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.