4/22/2015

Earth Day 2015: Let's #WipeForWater

Happy Hump Day, lovelies!

Today is not only Wednesday, but it is also Day 4 of my #WipeForWater pledge! In case you didn't know, April is Earth month and TODAY IS EARTH DAY!

I love my face and try to take care of it with moisturizers and washing it every night before bed, but did you know that you can save up to 5 gallons of water when you don't wash your face?

Kristen Bell (love her!) has teamed up with Neutrogena and the Nature Conservancy to promote the #WipeForWater movement, which asks you to pledge from 1 to 7 days of not washing your face.



Does this mean you walk around for a week with a gunky face? Absolutely not!

Instead they ask you to use makeup wipes - Influenster was kind enough to send me a pack of Neutrogena's new purifying makeup towelettes and I love them. They smell like freshly cut apples and leave my skin feeling softer and, frankly, feeling better hydrated than it has in a long time (this is especially great for us Southwestern regionals living in the desert!).


For every pledge, Neutrogena will donate $1 to the Nature Conservancy for the water conservancy movement! If ten of you decided to take the 7 day pledge, we could save almost 400 gallons of water!

At present, Neutrogena is only 40% of the way to reach their goal - they want to donate more money and hear about how you're pledging to save water! Please check out the website here, take the pledge, and help support water conservation efforts.


If you're looking for some wipes to use, you can find these Neutrogena ones at Target, Wal-Mart, and any local drugstore!

So, will you #WipeForWater? What will you be doing this Earth Day?

xx
Catch you next time.

8 comments

  1. What a great idea! I usually do this just due to lazyness. Getting up to properly wash your face can be a pain sometimes and face wipes make it so easy, but I've never tried the Neutrogena naturals ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. I way prefer face wipes too-so much more convenient and it gets everything so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love Kristen Bell. I started using the Neutrogena Naturals face soap that she was a spokesperson for a few years ago. It smells really nice and I liked how it didn't harshly dry out my face. I'll have to try the face wipes too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I'll have to try this out.

    XO
    Ashley
    privateschoolprepster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know they had Natural wipes! I prefer them over water anyway because I'm lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Won't you just have to throw them away though? Water seems more earth friendly to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome tip! Goes perfectly with "The Bless Earth Challenge" I have going up on my blog May 1st. Would love to use this tip and link back to your blog/post once the challenge begins. Let me know if you would be interested. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome idea. Just looking for some of these and a good cause too!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.