8/19/2014

Quote of the Week: Talk About a Case of the Mondays


I absolutely love this saying - more than once has it been a mantra to help me when I'm feeling very stressed out or overwhelmed with the mere idea of having more work to do.

Simply put, today was a very long Monday.

Keeping in mind I had a mandatory assembly the following morning, I woke up early and dressed quickly to go to breakfast with the hope of no line - the line wrapped around a row of tables! I gave up on a proper breakfast and went back to my room for an apple (I know, not the best choice but I really didn't think it was worth the wait). The assembly ran a little long and I have the worst luck when it comes to raffles so that wasn't a total let-down. The speeches of some of the college faculty mostly revolved around the same three basic ideas: go to class, do your work, and work to give yourself the life you want. As the day went on, I started working on printing syllabi and meeting with my Academic Adviser. Throughout the day, I experienced little moments where I felt really overwhelmed but this little saying really helped me get through it.

This was drilled even harder into my head when I attended the Peer Mentor Mixer. At the beginning of the summer, I signed up to be a part of a "family" comprised of two upperclassmen mentors and a few underclassmen mentees. After some fun (and at some points, slightly awkward) ice breakers, we were really able to start clicking as a group. This made the more serious conversations easier to have among ourselves. One of the topics we discussed was finding the motivation to stay away from completely destructive decisions and beyond severe procrastination. This saying was perfect for the discussion and it was really nice how the message the various Deans of the Honors College easily flowed into our own conversation.

xx
Catch you next time.

1 comment

  1. Perfectly put! I love the quote too
    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.