1/31/2015

Bid Day Spring 2015

If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you would know that yesterday was Bid Day for my Fraternity!



For those of you who are newer to my blog, I am a Brother of Delta Sigma Pi, a co-ed Professional Business Fraternity. It's mostly like regular Greek life except it focuses more on personal and professional development, networking, and community service.

After a week of Rush/Recruitment events (one of which I directly planned!) and a slew of interviews, the Delta Sigma Pi, Gamma Omega chapter was proud to extend bids to fifteen outstanding individuals we believe would be wonderful additions to our organization.

Prospectives are people who are interested in joining Greek organizations and rushing is the attending of events of the specific organizations a prospective is interested in. In most organizations, bids are extended by the organization who wants the prospective after the rush/recruitment process and a round of formal or informal interviews.

I have gotten to know some of our bids fairly well over the past week and I am very excited to see how they interact and develop during the pledging process over the course of this semester. I know that my pledge semester is definitely filled with many memories that I will never forget! I am a Deltasig for life.

xx
Catch you next time.

8 comments

  1. I remember those days!! Such fun memories!! Soak them all up :)

    XO,
    Emily
    Www.idodeclareblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bid day was always so much fun! So exciting you got to plan an event. Hope you’re having fun getting to know your new members.

    xo katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! I was so nervous, but according to everybody my event turned out well!

      Delete
  3. aw I remember these days. hehe
    Have fun!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO much fun! What a great way to get involved too, I bet you planned an amazing event! :)

    xo!
    Kylie
    absolutelyarkansas.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.