1/01/2015

This is the year I will. . .

Hello, lovelies!

This is the year I will be stronger, braver, kinder, and unstoppable. This year I will be fierce.

Photo via A New Kind of Normal
 
This year I am making a promise to myself, a promise to work harder to love and *reasonably* improve myself. We currently live in a world where it's easy to doubt yourself. This past year, there have been more than a handful of moments where I was unsure about what I was doing, scared if I was making the right decision, and doubtful of my abilities when I couldn't fulfill my over-reaching expectations.

This is one of the reasons I actually chose to start this blog. Before creating this blog, I had contemplated blogging for around three years or so. I had met a few people who had their own blogs and they all gave me the same anecdotal advice: they started blogging as an outlet, both for a unique and creative hobby as well as to release their thoughts on their own terms. I love being involved and busy, and don't get me wrong, I love my days of Netflix bingewatching and yoga pants, but many days I feel like I need a slightly more productive way to relax. Voila, the Southwestern Prepster is born.

My goal for the new year is not to become a new me, but to learn to love me. I used to wonder how I could focus on changing a part of myself while saying "I don't want to change who I really am". I have realized that the changes that come from learning to love yourself are not ones that change who you are, but rather how you are. I hope everyone had a wonderful night, and have a wonderful new year! I can't wait to see what's in store for all of us.

xx
Catch you next time.

6 comments

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.