2/11/2015

On My Playlist: Silly Love Songs

Well, well, well ladies (and gentlemen if there are any reading this - if so, shoutout to you!) it's that time of year again: Valentine's aka Single's Awareness aka Galentine's aka Spoil Yourself Day!!

I am a hopeless, hopeless romantic. I love LOVE. RomComs are life and Nicholas Sparks knows how to make me ugly cry like a newborn baby. But that's not the type of love I want to focus on for this post.

The idea that you care so much about people that you just want them to be happy, to seem them happy makes you happy? That's awesome.

People will say what they want about Valentine's Day being a capitalist holiday and we should always strive to show our love for others, but the way I see it is that this is a day to really go above and beyond the usual things you do (even if you do surprise people randomly every once in a while, this is another excuse to surprise them again).

February 14th is awesome, but February 15th is pretty cool, too - it's the first of the bi-annual Discount Candy Day! Get it? I know, not really funny, but very true. Anyways, I digress from the point of this post - let's get on to the music!


Quick Valentine's Music Spiel: Music is amazing, love is awesome, here is a quick playlist that will have you in the mood to dance around, whether it be with your significant other, your gal pals, or just yourself, it really doesn't matter as long as you're dancing and happy!

Disclaimer: There are some throwbacks, but come on, what is a TSP playlist without some oldies-but-goodies? I tried to get a good mix of full on rocking out and happy, hip-swaying - hope you enjoy!

I Wanna Dance With Somebody - Whitney Houston
This One's For the Girls - Martina McBride
Let's Get Together - Hayley Mills
Love Song - Sara Bareilles
Dancing Queen - ABBA
22 - Taylor Swift
Love - Matt White
Everything - Michael Buble
Like You Do - Angel Taylor
Better Together - Jack Johnson
Gonna Get This - Miley Cyrus ft. Iyaz
Just a Dream (cover) - Sam Tsui & Christina Grimmie
Silly Love Songs (Glee cover) - Darren Criss & the Warblers

What are some of your favorite songs for Valentine's?

xx
Catch you next time.

3 comments

  1. I love I wanna dance with somebody!! Such a good song! Love these picks :)

    xo, Katy
    http://www.mylifeaskaty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a hopeless romantic too! Literally every one of these is on my iPod! Great minds :]

    xo katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the songs you picked for this playlist, definitely some throwbacks! Thanks for sharing and hope you have a great Valentine's Day!

    xoxo Nicole

    http://www.brazenbrunette.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.