3/19/2015

Getting Back on Track From Spring Break {Guest Post by Lauren}

Happy Thursday, lovelies! When I was settling into my workload from Spring Break last Saturday afternoon, I had a minor freak out: I realized just how many things I had to this week and the pressure started to get to me.

I love my blog and all of you, and I'm always on the lookout for new things to try out here on the blog so I decided to try out guest posters. Luckily, I joined the HerCampus Blogger Network last month and had a whole network of wonderful young bloggers I could ask for help.

Today my friend Lauren from The Arizona Prepster is guest posting! Lauren was actually one of my very first blogging friends. She's super sweet, has great style, and she has a great blog so please go check TheArizona Prepster out! Lauren is a college student, just like me and many of you, and has a greatseries called College Tips, with each post composed of just a few quick tips about things that you sometimes don't think about! Enjoy!


*******


Spring Break. A week full of good times, good people, and lasting memories. But then out of nowhere it's Monday morning and you're thinking "how the heck am I going to finish this semester?" {Maybe not that dramatic, but you get the point}. It is true though, Spring Break gave you a taste of summer and now you're stuck until you get yourself back on track.


Review Course Schedules at the Beginning AND End of the Break


There's nothing like coming back on Monday and then hearing "don't forget about your paper/assignment due Wednesday/next class". Suddenly everything else is tuned out and all you hear is your inner voice freaking out. It happens to the best of us and we students hold no judgement. That's why it is imperative to review your course schedules before your break begins and plan out time during break and/or after break to do immediate assignments.


Walk Around Campus and Get Organized on Sunday


Most people come back from vacation Saturday or Sunday. I highly suggest walking your normal campus route to class on Sunday, or just take a stroll around campus. Even if you live on campus, you may not walk around since you may want to relax; however getting yourself back into your routine before classes pick up will help you transition easier. Plus, who doesn't love strolling around a quiet campus? Also, make sure that you have all of your supplies together the night before. You know that you will be a little slower Monday morning, so help yourself by getting your supplies together and ready the night before so you can take the extra time to get ready.


Use Summer as Your Motivation


Remember those first few weeks of the spring semester and all that got you through those papers and exams was Spring Break? Do it again with summer! Summer is even longer and more fun than Spring Break so it should b an even bigger motivator! When you finish an assignment, think "that's one assignment closer to summer". Do the same thing with exams and other projects. Summer is the "light at the end of the semester" so work your hardest towards it!


You'll have more fun during summer knowing that you tried hard and earned good grades during the semester. As much as you don't want to admit it, Spring Break is over and mulling over how short it was will not help you finish out your semester as strong as you want. Focus on the future! Let's finish out this semester strong!

*******

Lauren's third tip is too true - summer is so close, I can almost feel it! Well, it is in the upper eighties today, the weather is so beautiful! What are your essential to-dos to get out of vacation funks?

6 comments

  1. It can be super difficult to refocus after a week off from school. Now that it is getting closer to summer, it is definitely harder to concentrate on school. I feel like finals are just around the corner though, so summer will be here in no time!

    Colleen | Buckeye Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! I'll remember these. I'm on Spring Break right now(YES!) and it's so easy for me to forget about schoolwork during it.

    xo Hannah-Kate

    www.thepreppyequestrian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt just the same stress when I came back from spring break. Thanks for the tips!!
    xo, claudia
    www.chroniclesofclaudia.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all such great tips!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this post! I'm definitely going to use these tips when grad school starts next week!

    Stephanie | With love, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live by one and three. Actually, I obsessively pull out my notebook where I write and rewrite all my course assignments and upcoming reminders for each one on a daily basis. Unfortunately, up here in Alberta, we do not get Spring Break (in university). We had Reading Week, but that was in February...when it was still snowing. I'm so counting down to summer with you though!

    High Heels & Happy Feels

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.