3/27/2015

In the Eye of the Hurricane: A Quick Family Reunion

Last Thursday, I had lunch at Oregano's with my old Speech and Debate coach, her mother, and Theatre Geek! They say that the people you meet in college will be your friends for life, but that the ones you keep from high school will forever be part of your family.

These past few weeks have been pretty hectic so having a nice little two hours to get away from everything and relax the slightest bit was amazing. We were able to talk about everything under the sun, from what's going on back home to the funniest things that had happened to us lately.

When Theatre Geek and I were leaving the restaurant, I had felt my eyes water the slightest bit. I love my college friends, but I am so happy I will always have my Mama Feebs and Theatre Geek - we have been through so much together and they really know me like nobody else.


When life gets busy, people often begin to shut down and close off from the world until they finish whatever needs to be done. Do you do this or do you leave yourself fairly open?

xx
Catch you next time.

4 comments

  1. I'm definitely a closed off person. If I get busy or stressed, I shut people out and disappear for awhile. It's just easier for me to cope and get things done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! PS, love your sandals :)

    xo, Katy
    http://www.thestyleisland.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am fairly open as that's just how i am if it gets too much i seek help or go to my mama and relax there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm fairly open but I'm sure my friends would disagree! I'm lucky to still be close to both my college friends and my high school friends, just as you are!

    Stephanie | With love, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.