5/13/2015

Feeling the Liebster Love

A few months ago, I was really excited to have been nominated for the Liebster Award, which is essentially a fun way of recognizing younger/newer bloggers and bringing more attention to the blogger community overall. {Here is the link to my first one!} 



Imagine my surprise when I learned over a week ago that I was not only nominated again, but by FOUR people for the Liebster Award! 

I had thought about doing separate posts for each one because it really is an honor to have been thought of by these lovely ladies, but with everything I have going on, I hope y'all can forgive me for putting them all together - though I promise I tried to keep some of my answers shorter than usual!


{The Rules}
Each of my nominators had slightly different rules so I'll just collapse them a bit.
-Thank and link the blogger(s) that have nominated you.
-Nominate at least 10 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) who you think deserve the award. 
-Answer the questions posted by the blogger(s) who nominated you.
-Write 10 new questions for the people you are nominating.
-Notify your nominees.

Questions from My Life as Alyson
1.) If you could have lunch with one person who is deceased who would it be and why?
I would love to eat and have a chat with Audrey Hepburn! I feel like she would be a really interesting person to talk with about a variety of subjects!
2.) What are your favorite baby names at the moment? Boy and girl!
Boy: Ryder and Colton   Girl: Brynn and Arielle
3.) Why do you love blogging and do you have any blogging tips?
I love blogging because it allows me to get away from the hustle and bustle that is my life! A blogging tip I would offer would definitely be that you shouldn't force yourself to blog. Not just the regular quality over quantity argument, but more about you and why you're doing it. I love blogging whether or not someone is reading what I write, and I write because it's something I like to do.
4.) If you could only read/ watch one T.V. show for the rest of your life what would it be and why?
Ahhhhhh this is so hard. Definitely Arrow. Oliver Queen is life and Felicity Smoak is one of the greatest heroines to grace the screen.
5.) If you could trade places with someone for a week who would it be and why?
I would love to see what the Harries twins' lives are like. I know they are male, but I mean more along the lines of how they began and ran their YouTube channel to all of their amazing adventures around the world to essentially becoming international social change icons.
6.) How would you describe your personal style?
I like to think my style is preppy with a few twists for comfort, occasion, and whatever current trends I'm into. That's actually part of the reason behind the name for my blog! (Answered in the next set of questions!)
7.) Who is your main style icon?
I absolutely adore Reese Witherspoon, Taylor Swift, and Lauren Conrad. These three women have in common the ability to maintain cute, classic, and comfy (the 3 C's!) looks that I cannot help but fall in love with every time.
8.) Where do you see yourself in five years?
In law school. And hopefully still blogging.
9.) What are you currently watching/reading and what is your favorite genre to read/watch?
Currently Watching: Arrow & The Flash   Currently Reading: Among the Janeites (My Jane Austen professors were actually written about for a chapter of this book!)   Favorite Genre to Read: I'm a sucker for YA Fiction.   Favorite Genre to Watch: That's super hard, right now I'd have to say almost anything that's sort of intense without horror (Arrow, The Flash, Beauty and the Beast, Vampire Diaries).
10.) What is one place you want to travel?
I really want to visit New England - Cape Cod, Newport, all of the staple East Coast cities! 

Questions from Breakfast at Lilly's
1. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would love to visit all around the UK, especially London!
2. What are some of your spring and summer wardrobe staples? 

Lightweight cardigans, my Jack Rogers, and high-waisted shorts.
3. What's the reason behind your blog name? (If any..)
I absolutely love preppy style, and I understand that it is partially defined by its Southern roots, but I don't think that means that it can only mean that! I started this blog, in part, to try to help redefine how we think of "prep". Preppy should be more synonymous with classy - it's not where you're from, but how you do it.
4. What are your Top 5 Favorite Songs?
Currently, my Top 5 are Hallelujah by Panic!, Laura Palmer by Bastille, Be Impressive by The Griswolds, Different Colors by Walk the Moon, and Fight Song by Rachel Platten.
5. What's your proudest accomplishment? 

Currently my proudest accomplishment is graduating Valedictorian from my high school.
6. What does your perfect day look like?
That's so hard! A perfect day for me is fun-filled and slightly busy - spending time with myself (and Netflix) but also with friends and family. I know that's not too much of an answer but I have just had so many different types of days it's so hard to piece a "perfect" one together.
7. Which social media site is your favorite? 
Instagram. I love Instagram!
8. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? 
Not too sure, most people would say their middle name but I don't respond to mine! Definitely something that starts with an M...maybe Melanie?
9. If you could pick any career, what would it be?
I would love to work my way up really high in a company, and then spend my time overseeing projects and potentially planning charity and public awareness events.
10. What's your greatest fear? 
Heights. Dying. The usual.
11. What makes you smile?
My best friends have this weird ability to say just about anything and it can make me smile like an idiot. It's kind of weird.

Questions from Mallory at the Plaza
1. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be and why?
Chicken parmigiana, sauce on the side, from Olive Garden. It is the best.
2. What's your favorite way to spend a day off?
Lately with everything I've been up to, just sleep and Netflix. And then maybe venturing out into the world to play some sand volleyball.
3. What is your favorite place you've ever traveled to?
Right now, Hawaii. But hopefully during this study abroad trip I'll have a new one!
4. What's your favorite thing about blogging?
How it allows me to express myself, but also how it has taught me more about people, how to interact with them and how to network better!
5. Who is your celebrity girl crush? (If you're like me, you'll have 10!)
Scarlett Johansson. Cara Delevigne. Karlie Kloss. Taylor Swift. Reese Witherspoon. Emily Bett Rickards.
6. Would you rather spend a day on the beach or on a lake?
Definitely on a lake.
7. If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
A wallaby! I did a report on them in junior high and fell in love with them - they're basically mini kangaroos.
8. If you could swap closets with anyone, who would it be?
Carly of The College Prepster, Mackenzie of Design Darling, and Julia of Girl Meets Glam, hands down.
9. What's the number one thing on your bucket list?
Live life.
10. If you had a million dollars what would you do with it?
Set aside the amount I need for college and law school, then split it between various investments to hopefully grow it!
11. What is your favorite form of social media and why?!
Instagram because it's amazing.

Questions from Lauren Elizabeth
1. How and why did you get into blogging?
A few years ago, I met a wonderful girl who was really into reading blogs - she introduced me to the actual world of blogs and I was intrigued. Two years later, I decided to start one.
2. What was the last picture you took and why?
For my Instagram, I had my Dad take a picture of me at the airport before I went through security, does that count?
3. What's your perfect pizza?
Thin crust - Italian sausage, pineapple, mushrooms, and bacon.
4. What cheers you up?
The cheesiest jokes in the world. Including ones I already know the punchline.
5. What is your favorite and least favorite word?
Ooo this is an interesting one. Favorite: Interesting. Least: Moist. I think?
6. What accomplishment are you must proud of?
I did speech and debate in high school and rocked it quite a bit.
7. If you had $7 dollars, what would you do with it and why?
Save $4 and use $3 to go buy myself a cookie at Starbucks.
8. If you could visit any country, where would you go?
Italy or Greece sounds nice.
9. If you could wake up tomorrow in the body in someone else, who would you pick and what would you do?
I think it would be really fun to be Ellen or Oprah for a day, wouldn't you? I'd like to just see what their day is like and try to spice it up with my own fun.
10. What are some of your major life goals?
Get my law degree, figure out what area of law I actually want to work in (Sports, Corporate, etc), find a way to incorporate philanthropy and event planning into my regular life, get married and have kids, etc.

Okay we're almost to the end! You still with me?


My Questions:
1. The last thing that made you smile?
2. Favorite type of shoes and why?
3. Name three of your celebrity husbands/wives.
4. What are you doing right now?
5. Best concert you've ever been to?
6. Blog post you're most proud of?
7. Favorite mode of transportation?
8. Weirdest fun fact you can think of?
9. Top 3 Blog Crushes?
10. Something you have a lot of trouble with?


My Nominees:

Hope you enjoyed getting to know *more than* a little bit more about me and I hope you guys go check out any of these fabulous bloggers who nominated me and who I have nominated as well - go give them some love!


xx
Catch you next time.

P.S. Want 10% off the cutest bows at Sugar Spice and Sparkle?! Use the code "SWPREP" at checkout!

2 comments

  1. This looks like fun! I hope someone nominates me at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an honour to have the liebster award congratulations to you and loved reading and learning about you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.