8/03/2015

Pros and Cons of Summer Study Abroad {A Guest Post on Sara Laughed}

Happy Monday!

A lot of different and fun things have been happening, both around TSP and in other areas of the vast Interwebs. Let's go through a few - some changes have been happening on the TSP Facebook page, there's a hilarious video of Bill Nye reading mean tweets directed at himself, the newest Mission Impossible movie is amazing, and I have been given the opportunity to guest post on Sara Laughed! Here's a little sneak peek of it:


If you're in college, you've probably thought at least once about studying abroad! If you haven't, then you should definitely look into it. Did you know less than 2% of students study abroad? Studying abroad is a unique experience, definitely unlike any other.

I studied abroad as a university freshman, which is really uncommon because most people try to study abroad their sophomore or junior year. On top of being a freshman, I chose a summer program!

Summer programs are a bit different than the typical study abroad programs, and they aren't for everyone. So let's go over some of the Pros and Cons I had to think about studying abroad over the summer!

*******

On top of this new guest post, I really wanted to let y'all know about the Blogger Postcard Travels Linkup going on today! Summer is a wonderful time to travel, and don't we bloggers love it! Hosted by a wonderful new blogger friend of mine, Emily from Emily & Dot, this is a really fun linkup to see what other people have been up to over the summer and I hope y'all take a minute to check it out - who knows, maybe you'll get an idea for your next trip or find a new packing hack!


Hope you find some of my Pros and Cons on Summer Study Abroad helpful and enjoy the Blogger Postcard Travels Linkup! Let me know what y'all think - would you be willing to do a summer abroad?

xx
Catch you next time.

4 comments

  1. I didn't realize that less than 2% of students study abroad! My semester in Germany was one of the highlights of college

    -Nicole
    Meet Me in Midtown

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of this post! I've chosen to take my summers abroad versus leaving for a semester away from my college campus and I couldn't have been happier. This is definitely something that will always be debated amongst college students but I at least think that summers are the best time to do it. I love seeing all of your travel pics Mikkaela and thanks for linking up!

    XO!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    フィリピン格安留学

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.