8/19/2015

Little Black Lace Dress

Every girl has their favorite LBD, but sometimes it can feel a little too plain! This little black lace dress was the answer for my tiny prayer for a dress to wear to a Benefit Concert for the music program of my high school alma mater.



The dress code was 'dressy casual', but being me, I would always rather be overdressed than underdressed - and honestly, I had very few chances to get dolled up this past summer and I really wanted to take advantage of this opportunity.


Custom sizing always makes me nervous, so I went ahead and stayed with standard sizing but had it customized on the length. I am on the shorter side so I shaved an inch off my height and specified that I wanted the skirt to be knee length and it was perfect! eShakti specializes in custom sizing - if standard sizes are usually too loose or too tight, I would definitely recommend taking a look at what eShakti has to offer.


I love wearing my pearl necklace with black dresses (I just love how classy it feels!), but I opted to put it away for another occasion. I tried to keep everything simple and dress down the slightest bit by sticking to my usual accessories (my watch, my class ring, and the necklace my parents gave me last Christmas) and nude pumps. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture with it, but I also opted for using a simple wallet clutch over a full purse!


xx
Catch you next time.

29 comments

  1. Gorgeous! Love that LBD on you - so classy and chic.

    thesixthdisneyprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is adorable! You can never go wrong with an LBD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so classy girl! I love the dress, we have to wear black for ritual in my sorority so I might snatch this up! Pearls go with everything (in my opinion!)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute dress! x,kenz
    http://sincerelykenz.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this dress is adorable! It's like the perfect LBD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so fabulous!

    Lovin' this dress on you.

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look stunning! I agree, the lace amps up the LBD and takes it to another level!

    -Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So flattering on you! It is great that you found a good place for online custom sizing - It can be so frustrating to always have to hem things or make alterations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous dress on you. Love the lace!!

    Nicole // Chronicling Home

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you liked your experience with eShakti too, this dress looks so pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm obsessed with my eShakti dress…and yours is gorgeous! Navy is so your color. x Nicole | www.changeanddress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, girl you look stunning!! I'll have to try eShakti, everyone seems to love it!
    Love,

    Ane | Basque Prep

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look great! That dress is so classy and I love the shoes too.

    http://thealwaysblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love lace and I love black! Perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look beyond gorgeous in this... it's so beautiful!
    Lauren
    The Fashionista's Diary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eshakti is my favorite, i love love love custom fitted clothes as I have a terribly disproportionate body ):

    Courtney//
    As We Stumble Along

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the lace detailing on this dress! It looks so sophisticated and you can totally wear it so many times in the coming years :)

    Annie // Annie N Belle

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are beautiful! I think this dress was made for you! You can never go wrong with a LBD, but the lace adds that special pop that makes this dress perfection!

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so cute- and this dress is just perfect for you!! Love eShakti!

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty! The pattern details on this dress are amazing!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.thediaryofadebutante.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a flattering style! I love how it's so simple, but elegant at the same time! And you can dress it up or dress it down!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look so amazing! Love this look so much.

    xo, Alicia | Alicia Tenise

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cute dress!! I really obsessed with that dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How gorgeous are you?! I have a sundress from eShakti that I absolutely love, their custom sizing is the best!

    Pick Your Beau

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look fab! These are two of my faves - lace and LBD! I am also featuring a lace dress in my latest style post :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous! You're glowing and I love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your outfit! It's so classic.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.