9/23/2015

An Injection of Inspiration: Quotes on Success

This past week has been a rough week - I was hoping it would have been easier after getting all of those exams over with last Thursday, but it seems Lady Luck really didn't want to be on my side. When I am stressed out and busy, two things happen: I I usually binge-eat junk food and I begin thinking I'm a failure at life. Obviously these are both very destructive bad habits.

To solve the first problem, I just wanted to mention Freshii - I have mentioned it once or twice in posts before, but this place is honestly one of the reasons I have kept my stress-eating from turning me into a circus ball. Healthy food on the go is a lifesaver!

Losing faith in yourself is one of the worst things that can happen in general, but tack on a mountain of homework and stressful classes and you've got a recipe for disaster. I was losing a little faith in myself earlier this week and decided to look up some quotes about success - I really liked a few and thought I'd share them here!


The secret of joy in work is contained in one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it. - Pearl S. Buck

I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it. - Maya Angelou

Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom. - General George Patton

I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure, which is: Try to please everybody. - Herbert B. Swope

What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail? - Robert Schuller

You can, you should, and if you are brave enough to start, you will. - Stephen King

What is your favorite inspirational quote at the moment?

xx
Catch you next time.

18 comments

  1. I love Stephen King's quote! I definitely want to live by that one.
    Mikayla | A Seersucker State of Mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you had a rough week! Love that you're keeping your chin up. That Maya Angelou quote really resonated with me. I'll be thinking about it whenever I'm going through a particularly difficult time.

    Alessandra | blog.pumpup.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these quotes really make me feel better about everything. Hope you have a better week next week and 1 more day to the weekend!

    Nicole // Chronicling Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have any inspirational quotes at the moment for myself, but you've inspired me to find some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the third quote!
    I am always looking on Pinterest for new inspirational quotes.
    Hopefully your week turns around :)

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Maya Angelou quote gave me chills! So inspirational!

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great quotes! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that Stephen King one!!

    -Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Needed these quotes! These past few weeks have been super rough.

    Kayla | kaylablogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these! I totally need to read inspiring quotes every now and then to get me going!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As I prepare to go public with my blog, I really appreciate this post! Thanks for the motivation, and know that I'm sending positive vibes and prayers your way.

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your week gets better! I really need to look into Freshi, it's so hard to eat healthy on the go!

    xo, Alicia | Alicia Tenise

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it. - Maya Angelou That is my favorite one! I tend to definitely be the same!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Quotes are a huge part of my life as well. I'm glad they helped you. :)

    Allisonleighann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wise words helps push us over the hump sometimes. Easy to get bogged down with all the self-doubt. Nice post and glad you were over your hump.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved these! I'm such a sucker for inspirational quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hoping next week is better! I love these quotes!
    www.kayleighskloset.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.