9/25/2015

Little Discoveries

I was thinking about starting off this post with another "This week was tough, hopefully next week is better" but I really don't want to jinx it so let's go with "I'm taking a last-minute trip home for my little sister's birthday so wish me luck on staying on top of everything else going on in my life".

Was that too much?

I'm really excited to spend time with my family for the first time since I moved back down here for the school year. I have been really busy and haven't really been able to talk to them too much lately.

Also, this whole flight fiasco has been one big, well, Fiasco. Yes, with a capital F. My flight leaves in a few hours so I'll talk to y'all soon!


P. S. Here's a sneak peek into my room - I'm still not done decorating, but when done, it will definitely have its own post on here!

YAY Courtney and Cats | Facebook's most popular post this past quarter is THIS video, put together by one of my very best friends and mentors, Courtney. C interned with America's Funniest Home Videos over the summer (IN ADDITION TO INTERNING IN CANNES), so I guess you could say I have some pretty cool friends.

Designer Double Mastectomy Bras | 100% love this. Breast cancer runs in part of my family so campaigns like this always brighten my days. Stella McCartney is releasing a new bra line just for breast cancer survivors and supporters and although the prices are a bit much for my liking, I definitely support the idea.

Baby Waldorf Is In The Building | Have you heard the good news? In case you non-Upper East Siders haven't heard, Queen B's had a baby and it's a little girl named Arlo Day. Leighton and her husband, Adam, are a gorgeous couple and you can only imagine how adorable little Arlo is.

Dealing With Criticism | I love when Maxie guest posts on The College Prepster because her posts are always about feeling better about yourself and life. Oftentimes, Maxie's advice is somehow really well-timed with things going on in my life and I'm really happy for it!

Falllon's Barbershop Quartet Covers Rihanna | Last night, Joseph Gordon-Levitt (one of the many men on my list of imaginary husbands) guest-starred on another episode of Fallon and it was great. On top of the regular shenanigans, Levitt joined the barbershop quartet to sing Rihanna. How did you spend your Thursday night?

The Pope In NYC | The Pope has been keeping himself busy on his tour of the world, and in case you didn't know, he's here in the States! I was taking a look at the schedule and I guess I don't have a chance of seeing him (side note: I didn't have the chance to see him when I was at the Vatican this summer) but this article did make me smile quite a bit.

Studying For Exams | This is the latest Freshman Five post I published last week and I just wanted to thank y'all so much for your support. I have received quite a few beyond thoughtful comments and emails and I'm really glad that so many of you find this post helpful!

Are you excited for this weekend?!

xx
Catch you next time.

22 comments

  1. thats so awesome that your able to go home today! I miss my family so much, but in two more weeks I'll be home!! Also, love that article about the pope! xx,kenz
    http://sincerelykenz.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I can't wait to go through all of these, book marking this for my Sunday!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some great articles! Have a great weekend! : ) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I love Leighton & Adam together.
    Also, can't wait to look at the rest of these links.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your color combinations in your pillow/extras! Having happy colored things around tends to make my mood much better.

    Allisonleighann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need me some weekend reading! Glad you brought those mastectomy bras to my attention. 100% supportive of this.

    Alessandra | blog.pumpup.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to check these out! I also can't wait to see you reveal your whole room! Decorating is so fun, especially when it comes together just like you imagined!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to have to go google Leighton's new little one, I bet she's precious!

    xoxo, SS

    The Southern Stylista

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE all of your posts! I don't usually go through a whole roundup, but I loved all of these :) Hope you have an amazing weekend!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm all for anything breast cancer awareness so I love the mastectomy bras - what a great cause!

    Pick Your Beau

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh yes, I am QUITE aware that the Pope has touched down in the United States... he's coming to Philly tomorrow and the whole city is on lockdown. I didn't have any classes today because of it! Hopefully everything goes smoothly though, it's so awesome that he's here!

    Kayla | kaylablogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've bookmarked these to have a read of while I'm having lunch. Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Baby Waldorf! So exciting! Saving the rest to read later :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Queen B had a baby!? OMG brb going to stalk!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw I love that pillow!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.thediaryofadebutante.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the Pope and have been following his activities since he landed!

    Nicole // Chronicling Home

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is that pillow from Target? I think I've seen it and I really want it! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Pope has stolen my heart even more than I thought possible now throughout all of his travels. Love how much he loves the kids!
    Lauren
    The Fashionista's Diary

    ReplyDelete
  19. I so wish I could go see the pope! love this post.

    Courtney//As We Stumble Along

    ReplyDelete
  20. Leighton Meester is one of my idols! Arlo Day is such a beautiful name.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I bet Leighton Meester's baby is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.