11/09/2015

Oops, Today Is My Birthday?

Three months ago, J yelled across our hallway saying "Hey Mikk, last day of Book of Mormon is a Sunday in November, we're going." And I said okay. Best Decision Ever. Warning: This is NOT the musical you take the kids you're babysitting to or the one you ask your grandmother to come with (well, unless she has a more modern sense of humor). Yes, it is content meant for mature audiences not easily offended.

A lot happened yesterday, but my favorite part of the musical? Aside from finally hearing "I Believe" live, it had to be that the stars *of their own heart and will* promoted national and local organizations working to help people dealing with various cancers and HIV. Yes, the musical makes jokes of a lot of things (some, admittedly, did make me cringe slightly) but the fact that they are also using this platform to raise awareness of these services to help others warms my heart.

Would you believe me if I said that this year my birthday creeped up on me? I have been so stressed and so busy lately that while I knew that my birthday was coming up, I didn't try to make any plans or even send my Mom my extremely detailed wish list. This was really a nice little present from my past self.

At the very least, my agreeing to see Book of Mormon a few months ago is proof that I am making progress on making time for myself and saying "YES" to more fun experiences. Being extremely busy sometimes means having to turn down opportunities that could make you really happy and I don't want that. Here's to saying "YES" a little bit more.



Yes, I did jump without shoes. Yes, it did hurt. But, yes, it was worth it!


J, her little sister, and I had the opportunity to meet a few members of the cast and it was amazing!


Also, really glad I finally had the chance to meet J's sister - she is so sweet and even made us pancakes that morning!



If I had a dollar for every time anyone ever asked me if we're in a sorority and if J is my Little, I'd be probably be rich enough to actually be a sorority Big.


Dress (Similar) | Necklace (Currently on sale for $39!) | Purse (Similar) | Shoes


I am so blessed to have such amazing friends and wonderful followers like all of you! Thank Y'ALL so much for supporting me and TSP over the past year - I couldn't have done it without all of you.

xx
Catch you next time.

22 comments

  1. Happy Birthday! I have heard so many good things about this show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!
    I love plays and am envious of you right now.
    Hope you have a good birthday :)

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday beautiful! I have heard great things from my parents on this play, dying to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to see Book of Mormon for years, I am so jealous!! Now I want to see it even more!
    xo, claudia
    www.chroniclesofclaudia.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you!! I've definitely had some busier birthdays in college as well- part of growing up I guess. Glad that you had fun and got to go see such a great production though!!

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!! I've heard about this play, but I've never thought about going. I might just have to reconsider!

    xx. Brittany | Southern Soul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg I loooooovvve the Book of Mormon!! It's so incredible! Happy bday to you too btw!

    Nicole // Chronicling Home

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! So important to say yes to experiences & enjoy life. Definitely working on that.

    xo, c.
    The Block is Haute

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! Looks like such a fun day!
    www.kayleighskloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard the Book of Mormon is so good! Unfortunately, nothing like that ever plays in my hometown!
    with southern grace,
    lindsey
    www.withsoutherngrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday... But wow!! How cool! I've wanted to see that for some time now. So jealous you got to meet the cast.

    xo,
    Sara Kate Styling

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so professional and gorgeous! I hope you had a marvelous birthday :)

    XO, SS || Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your outfit and I love that you look like you're having a blast, happy birthday sweet girl!

    xoxo, SS

    The Southern Stylista

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun experience! I've heard great things about this play.. happy birthday!
    xo
    Lauren
    www.thefashionistasdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've always wanted to see The Book of Mormon! Looks like you had a blast! Happy birthday, sweet girl!!

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've heard this musical is SO much fun. I'm glad you enjoyed it, I really want to see it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw The Book of Mormon in London and it was amazing!

    Cat
    http://classmeetscouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday! I think as we get older, we get busier, and we kind of forget about birthdays. I did the same thing last year. I want to see the Book of Mormon so bad! I'm glad you had an excellent time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy birthday! The Book of Mormon is coming to my area in April and I can't wait to see it! Now I'm even more excited to see it than before.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Book of Mormon. My favorite song is Hasa Diga Ebowai oops
    Shaguna
    gold&hearts

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday! Girl you need a break if you forgot your own birthday!! Luckily thanksgiving and Christmas are coming up so hopefully you'll get some down time!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy belated birthday! Mine is the 10th! Almost birthday twins! Hope you had tons of fun!
    Love,

    Ane | Basque Prep

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.