12/09/2015

"Busy Week" Reminders

Hello lovelies!

I am in the midst of Finals week and with all of the freaking out I have been doing over my exams, I figured I owed myself a little blog break. Whether you are currently taking Finals, preparing for them, or just dealing with a rough week, here are just a few quick important reminders!


Take a Break | Going through all of your notes is important, but after reading a sentence for the 50th time and still not comprehending it, you may be due for a little break. As I mentioned in a previous Freshman Five post about preventing burnout, it is equally important to recognize the moments when you have been really productive as well as the moments when you are no longer going to be productive. Go for a walk, limit yourself to watching a single YouTube video(I know it's hard, but I believe in your willpower!), grab a snack from the vending machine - do something unrelated to studying for just 5 minutes!

Sleep > Flashcards | Have you powered through the notes, lectures, and flashcards twice in the past 4 hours? How much coffee have you had? When was the last time you took a nap? This past September I shared my tips on how to best prepare yourself for an exam, and sleep is a HUGE one! As difficult as it is, I force myself to have at least 5-6 hours of sleep the night before an exam. I know some people function differently, so if naps are your thing, go for it! Just make sure you're giving your body some amount of time to recover to help you survive actually taking the exam.

Be Considerate | If you are stressed over an exam or project, odds are you are not the only one. Your roommate or co-worker is probably going through something similar! Surprise your roomie with a coffee the morning of their worst exam or leave an encouraging note on your work neighbor's desktop - try to do something nice that you would appreciate! Sometimes the littlest things can change a person's outlook or help relieve the slightest bit of stress.

Like I said, these are just a few quick reminders that sometimes I forget about when I get caught up in everything I am doing. Good luck with the rest of your week!

xx
Catch you next time.

Post a Comment

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.