7/03/2015

Little Discoveries

Europe was absolutely wonderful, but it's nice to finally be home! While I didn't miss this dry heat, I definitely missed my bed and toilets with toilet seats (I'll explain later!). The flight back to the States was mostly smooth and my family was so amazingly sweet - they had signs and were waiting for me outside of the customs and baggage claim! On top of Independence Day this weekend, it's also one of my grandmother's birthdays, and my dad and I are dropping my little sister off at her first Speech and Debate camp (the very one I went to four years ago!).



Would you believe me if I said I packed light?

#SheBelieves | We're Going to the Finals!

If you weren't tuned in to watch the U.S. National Women's Soccer Team play against Germany this past Tuesday, then you better program your alarms for Saturday because WE'RE IN THE FINALS! Not only is this great for sports lovers like myself, but what other way to help boost your American pride on Independence Day than to tune in for two hours to support our wonderful team playing against Japan in Canada! Also, be sure to use #SheBelieves in any photos or posts of you supporting the USWNT! 'Murica.

Moving In With Your Significant Other

I'm nowhere near this stage of my life (don't have a significant other!), but I loved reading this post on Mackenzie Horan's blog! She polled 10 different women she knew for their own opinions on the different aspects of cohabitation and I just thought it was too interesting not to share! The responses are very insightful and many surprisingly practical.

Old Soul, Young Body

I'm a bit younger than most of my peers, but sometimes it feels like I'm the same age or even older! It never occurred to me until later on in high school, but I love giving advice and having *some* responsibilities. I don't usually share these Buzzfeed-style posts but I just had to share this one, it was too accurate and had one of my best friends going "This is YOU, this is YOU".

Tips On The Job Search

I still have a bit of time before I'm "out in the real world" but I love this article from one of my favorite financial bloggers, Stefanie at The Broke and Beautiful Life! The statistics are coming up and there are less and less one-job-for-life people. These tips are definitely things to keep in mind for the future!

Millennials Are The New Black?

Our time is now! In this upcoming election, millennials will/should comprise the largest portion of the voting population. Industries and universities are filling with creative and bright-eyed individuals ready to take on the world - it makes sense that marketing strategies should be tailored towards them.

xx
Catch you next time.

P.S. Want 10% off the cutest bows at Sugar Spice and Sparkle?! Use the code "SWPREP" at checkout!

4 comments

  1. These are wonderful little discoveries! I was also a big fan of the Mackenzie Horan article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! This was such a great post to read -- absolutely LOVED Mack's post too.

    xo katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a safe arrival back home, and I hope that you have an amazing Fourth of July weekend! I'm very excited to check out these links :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have good taste- in links, in travel outfits and blog backgrounds. Consider me a new fan!

    Samantha
    socialbysam.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.