3/17/2015

Pot of Gold Music Festival | Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Happy St. Paddy's Day!!

One of the funny things about this little holiday is that as Irish as everything is and people treat it (at least, here in America), it turns out the holiday is more American! I found this article about today after I woke up this morning and found it funny and interesting.

Heads up: As well as written in the article, a woman in my Jane Austen class this morning told me that it really does rile up the Irish when you say/type "St. Patty's" instead of "St. Paddy's" so be mindful and accurate!

Over the weekend, I ended my Spring Break with the Pot of Gold Music Festival! It was so much fun, especially because I had won a pair of tickets for Friday through the Blaze, a student-run alternative radio station, so I could take a friend!


Friday night my friend (and Brother!) Brittany saw Bleachers, AWOLNATION, and we were only four people back from the barricade to watch Bastille! AWOLNATION put on such a great show and Bastille, live? Simply wonderful - I'm starting to think they sounded better live than they do in recordings! All of the acts were amazing, the weather was beautiful, and we even made a few friends while getting smashed together like sardines trying to see if we could get closer to the stage.

I took a break from the festival on Saturday to do homework and was back on Sunday to see New Politics, Echosmith, and *one of my FAVORITES* Fall Out Boy!

New Politics are actually from Denmark so I was excited to see them in-person. My friend Riggs and I were laughing because David Boyd, the lead singer of New Politics, looked like he was sweating up a storm on the stage in black pants and what looked like a heavy black jacket.

If you like Echosmith but haven't been following them religiously, you may be as surprised as I am about this Fun Fact: The Echosmith band are all siblings! They are all wonderful musicians (and their bassist Noah switched between three basses throughout their set!) and when they stopped moving/playing to sing A capella for a few seconds? The harmonies were so beautiful and the chords were so together I was speechless!

Saving the best for last: I have to be honest for a minute. I am a picture pack-rat when it comes to my phone: I love keeping old pictures and videos because I'm a sentimental person. But I ended up clearing and using over 5 GBs of my phone's memory to video the Fall Out Boy concert! This may not seem like a lot at first, but I have the 16 GB iPhone 5S (so only 12 GBs of storage!) so that's almost half of my memory - BUT IT WAS WORTH IT. Fall Out Boy put on such a great show, their energy was amazing for over the hour and fifteen minutes, and I'm so beyond happy I finally got to see them!

Today I will be celebrating St. Patrick's Day by wearing my green power blazer because I am giving a presentation in my Public Speaking class!

What did you do this weekend? How are you celebrating St. Patrick's Day? Remember to wear green or risk getting pinched!

xx
Catch you next time.

7 comments

  1. This looks soooo fun, I love festivals!

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh how fun! I love the pictures. And Happy St. Patty's day!

    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I have been typing Patty's day all day! Sorry to all my Irish friends! You look like you had a great day, though!
    Mikayla | www.aseersuckerstateofmind.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun show to attend!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! You look so adorable, and this seemed like it was a lot of fun :) Unfortunately, I have been super swamped so I didn't really get the chance to celebrate St. Paddy's, but I did buy a fun shirt from Pink and put some green lipstick on while I did my work ;) Thanks for sharing!

    xo, Dolce // http://www.mydailysweet.com/
    Leave me a comment; I'm always looking for new blogs to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I celebrated by attending a bridal shower for a co-worker :) Sounds like you had a great time!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.