7/10/2015

Little Discoveries

Happy National PiƱa Colada Day!


Okay so this series is supposed to be every other Friday, but so much has happened in the past week that I couldn't just let this post sit in my queue! This past week has been fairly nice in terms of getting to stay at home, try to relax a little, and starting to make my way through the mountain of 'stuff' I've accumulated in one of the corners of my house.

"Shut Up and Dance" Pregnancy Announcement Parody


This song is amazing and this parody is absolutely hilarious! I was honestly laughing so hard at some points that I just had to stop the video and call my sister. Watching this makes me think that I'd better start thinking of other fun, creative ways to announce things like this - though I'm definitely not thinking of needing any of these ideas for a long time!

#SheBelieves - USWNT Got a Ticker Tape Parade!

Last week I pretty much begged y'all to watch the Women's World Cup Final - did you?! BECAUSE WE WON! Not only did we win on the pitch, but the USWNT is the first women's team to receive a ticker tape parade. Ever. A little history: ticker tape parades have been reserved for THE milestones of our country, from our famous landing on the moon to the end of WWII! If you weren't watching it this morning, I definitely recommend looking up some clips from the parade - the speeches and pep rally were amazing!

ESPN Body Issue

Absolutely love this - I love celebrating our top athletes for who they are! I was really happy to see that there will be some women on the cover of the magazine (there are six different covers and this article talks about all of them!) - and having three men and three women cover stars, all of not only different sports but different body types and perspectives, really helps to show the slow but surely increasing respect for gender equality in athletics.

Hallelujah, A Music Video Release!


Y'all know I love Panic! At The Disco, so seeing their new video just made me really happy! You might remember this song being listed in one of my playlists from earlier this year! This song is great for getting your energy up and feeling ready to take on the day.

What have you been up to? Anything exciting happening this weekend?

xx
Catch you next time.

4 comments

  1. Ahh, I love that female athletes are being featured for the Body Issue! Loved getting caught up on your favorites :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  2. That parody is seriously my favorite thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this type of post! happy pina colada day :) x, kenz
    http://sincerelykenz.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew national pina colada day was a thing! Such a fun Friday round up -- hope you're doing well :]

    xo katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello! I love reading your thoughts, favorites, and advice - I read every single comment so do not be afraid to share them! Please remember, however, to ensure your comments are kind and/or constructive. The content is yours, but I reserve the right to remove comments I see as irrelevant or rude.

Latest Instagrams

© Southwest Prep. Design by Fearne.